úterý, září 21, 2004

04-09-21 2nd Informative Meeting and party :)

So after this long night of dancing and having fun, we were supposed to be in front of the rectorate a 9h!!!!! They are insane! But I have made it… I ate my usual breakfast: Muesli with yogurt and a big/huge cup of coffee. There we meet a girl name Lenka, she is in charge of all of us misfit of the society which is physical engineering, to go choose our courses. I guess you know bureaucrat, so imagine worst and double it! So we arrive there, the person that is suppose to take our indexes (and index is a little booklet in which you write your courses that you wish to take), so she is not there. She will be there on Monday. So we write the courses down in it and we give it to Lenka, she will take it to the person on Monday.

By the way all the people here from ISC team and all the other working from far or near are making an amazing job. They are genius. The work that they do for us is humongous.


So after all of that, I go to the electrical faculty to subscribe to other courses that I want to take there. I WAIT 1h30!! So that they can tell me that I need to first subscribe to Physical faculty!!! So it was a kind of unproductive day. But I now know more of the Czech bureaucratie, want something, wait a month or two (yes of course it is the same thing in every country, and we all criticize it!)

In the evening is the second informative meeting in the club of Masarykova, in my dormitory there is a club, a pub, a restaurant and a cafeteria. Great no? Drinking eating and having fun and I don’t have to go outside!!!! Wonderful. So at the meeting they talk again on various subjects but the most important stuff is the inscription of the trip during orientation week. The week from the 20 of September to the 26 of September is call orientation week. It is a week where a number of activities/trip/parties are offered to us and we choose. So I decide to go to the Krivoklat castle and to Karlovy Vary on Wednesday and on Thursday there is a guided tour of Prague and finally on Saturday I decided to go to Kutna Hora and to its bone church Kostnice.

Of course afterwards was a party as shown on the picture.
Notice: The picture here may not represent the reality



During the party, Americans showed us a game call flip cup. If I remember it well (correct me if I am wrong) there is two team, one in front of each other each team members have a glass of beer (in plastic, in CZ the normal glass is half a litre it was destroying). Then the first person of each team starts, they place one plastic glass on the edge of the table and they try to make it flip, if they succeed the other person of the other team shug his glass and you pass to the next person in the team. The goal his to make all the people of the other team drink. Nice no? It is also a nice time to get to know all the ERASMUS people. There are great, funny and nice people and I get along with a lot of them. I hope, I will keep contact with them for years… And that they will become true friends.

Žádné komentáře: