středa, září 22, 2004

04-09-22 Karlovy Vary & Krivoklat Orientation week trip

So today Wednesday, it is a cloudy day :( . I think it will be like that for all the week. It is not nice to visit under the rain… /$&&?*$ Autumn!  So I am going to Krivoklat hrad (Krivoklat castle). I was a king residence, one that stayed there was Franc-Joseph, the husband of Sissy. I was also used as jail for politic prisoners. You’ll see the torture instrument on one picture.  On the way there I could look at the nice and beautiful Czech landscape. I found it similar to the Quebec one. I guess that trees and hills always look the same at some point. We first go to the castle, it is early in the morning (ok not that much but still before noon!!) We arrive there and meet with guide (she have a funny accent in English), we visit it. What can I say more.. Look at the picture they talk for themselves. Afterward we are going to Karlovy Vary. This city is renowned for its thermal springs. It is raining now… :( It is a beautiful small town. A lot of nice houses along the river, they are in different color. Also it is from there that come the palicinky, the original one and the nice and loved herbal liquor Bechorovka. With it you do a Beton (Becherovka and tonic). I will miss that drink… I would say that it is a picturesque town, like most of them, even the big one are amazingly beautifully picturesque.

Žádné komentáře: