neděle, září 19, 2004

04-09-19 My first week in Praha

Nowadays the fashion is about first time, so here is my first week in Prague!


It has now been a week or so that I am in Czech Republic and it as been a busy week. First, last Tuesday I went in a pub to watch a soccer game, Fenerbahce against AC Sparta (Fenerbahce won, anyway…) with Sebastian and one of his friends, Jan. Here like in all Europe soccer is really popular, as much as ice hockey. Jan is a German that is studying health care in Prague. It was nice to talk to him, because he already went to Canada, in fact in Quebec. So it was nice to talk about it, what he saw,… you know…. This same night I have tasted my first Czech beer. It is good beer, tasty enough and big and cheap. Not like our Molson, that taste like water and ….. So after some nice beers and talk we decided to go to the biggest night club in central Europe, so they say, the Karlovy Lazne. It I 6 story tall and have as much dance floor each with a different ambience and music. It is also the place with the most tourists, in fact there is almost only that, and Czech that want the “meet” tourist. With that much dance floor we had to choose one, and we mostly stayed at the 80’s one, I think they have really nice 80’s music, I found it different but I guess it is the same. Here I am not talking about Czech music but in general. Since club are open until 6h in the morning, you guess that we stayed there pretty late. When we left we said that we should go to ROXY a night club that I have heard when I was looking on the net before leaving.

So now we are Wednesday and we, me Sebastian Jan and Konstantin (Jan flatmate also studying health care in Prague) should go to ROXY, so we arrive there, but it is close on Wednesday (By the way nowadays the club is close). So guess what where we are going? To the Karlovy Lazne again!!!! (I will never go there again to time in a row, they play the same music IN THE SAME ORDER!!!!) So when we left there we said that we will go on Thursday at ROXY.

So Thursday, me Jan and Konstantin and one of their friends Emma, it is a girl from Australia that they know. She is a really nice girl and really fun to talk to. ROXY is a place with a lot of Techno and hard beat, if you like, I like it sometimes, but not all the times. Now I kind of have some little experience in Prague night life and I can tell that they know how and like to have fun and do the party! Usually, at least with me people are friendly, nice, and amazingly beautiful hihihi…. Something different than here in Quebec, people are less shy, or are not afraid to dance with you for the evening…

Now on Saturday, I go with Emma, Konstantin and Emma to a little pub on the corner of their flat, to taste Absinth!!!! God that is hard, 70% of alcohol, but I am still alive!! I can believe that you see green fairies after some of these. So all night, we talk and play foosball (as they say in Germany and/or in UK), we call it babyfoot. I have a nice night. Emma says she might come to Quebec next year who knows. I like to talk with her especially about similarity of the relation of Australia/Canada with England.

Ok see you next time with school that start!

Mani

Žádné komentáře: