pondělí, září 13, 2004

04-09-13 My first first day in Praha

Today I woke up at 3 IN THE MORNING all congested!!! ARGGGG!!!! My cold is really not nice with me !! I am feeling so bad because of Sebastian, I just arrive and I am sick and making a lot of noise with my nose ( bad word play) At 7h I am still not sleeping ( jet lag probably) so I get… I went to eat at the cafeteria of the res. Really cheap but good well … heuuuu good enough. In the beginning of the afternoon I went to walk a little bit in the town.  I remember how I was surprise to see so many different type of architecture all beside each other… Praha is amazing and beautifully amazing. I back to walk on Vaslavske Namesty to then go see Charles Bridge (Karluv Most) There is so many tourists!!!! I heard that you can’t even move on that bridge during June and August. One of the statues on that bridge is suppose to bring luck to the person that touches it. Yeurk and every body touch it and take pictures. So there is no more place to walk; or almost no more.  Then I walked to Staromeske namesty (Old town square). There, there is the “famous” astronomical clock.  In front of it there are so many tourists that are taking picture.. It is suppose to make something special, At that time I didn’t saw it yet but I can tell you there is nothing special about it… The town is really amazing and calm. To walk in the little streets is charming and to look at all those beautiful and different building…

I then met Maruska, with whom me and Genevieve went to Vysehrad (now it is a church but before it was one of the 5, I think, castle). It is a little bit out of the city centre and on a hill. So we have an astonishing view of the town. Maruska told us a little bit the story of Prague and the history of this hill. Sorry I don’t remember all of it now. So Prague is build from the merging of 5 cities, which each of them had some sort of castle, but it is the one, the one of Prague, that became more important so all the other cities fell under the control of that castle. Finally we went to eat at Einstein Pizzeria, with an ISIC card you can have 2 pizza for the price of one. And the finally to night I went to bed at 23h and got up the next day at 9h. And still my cold was making me suffer.  

Žádné komentáře: