neděle, září 12, 2004

04-09-12 Arriving in Praha

Dobry den Praha

6h A.M. the plane landed, hurray. Clap clap clap.... (Before leaving I was getting sick, it is so not funny to take off and land with a full nose!!!) Now wait until the plane completely stop before standing up and leave the plane. It was a cloudy morning not to clod but still. And it will be a cloudy day.

So basically I was so happy. From the plane we saw this multicolor city, amazing. After this long wait and only seeing pictures, finally I was there. We got out of the plane, enter the airport main building, and bang, heuuuuu, what is written there? Don't know.... By chance beside it a translation in English. We walked, not really sure it was the right way but we got to the luggage ring. We waited for our stuff and made our way to the custom. Nothing to declare... you may go and welcome in Czech Republic!!! On the other side the buddy of my friend was waiting for us. My buddy wasn't there because she couldn't be there; she was in England at that date.

Buddy, at CVUT there is a buddy system, it is a person, maybe more like your first friend in Prague. She (ya I define that buddy is a feminine word) will help you with the accommodation and a lot of stuff. Like telling you the necessary thing.
Her name is Maruska she says. She is a nice holka, divka mozna, nevim. Her father was also there, really a nice man. It was the first time in Prague, but really not the last that I was confronted with somebody that didn't spoke English. We then proceeded to our student accommodation (Masarykova). On the way we talked, about a lot of different stuff. We got to know each other. And with the time she became a really close friend of me, she also helped me a lot during more difficult time, thanks Maruska.
We finally arrived at Masarykova; it is not really far from the airport. Once there, Maruska talked to the receptionist and helped us by translating the papers. The Czech, especially the receptionist can sometime be impatient, but in general they are really friendly and nice, above all beautiful people. My first room until the 20 of September is the 280, and then I'll have to move. We arrived sooner, and the dedicated room for me wasn't ready and in the room that I am somebody will move in later. He left stuff here, one drawer is locked, under and in some cupboard there is some stuff.

So Maruska accompanied me to my room. This is when I met my first ERASMUS friend. And I am so glad I met him. His named is Sebastian; he is from Graz (Austria). Unfortunately I woke him, last night he was at a party night for him (like most the night) He is Austrian and studying Electrical engineering and sociology. I unpack a little bit, and after a really good shower, we went to eat at Klara’s place, a friend of Geneviève. We then went in the royal garden. Once there, we started to fight weariness. The garden are magnificent, beautiful road, trees, and building and we saw the castle it is so magnificent, it is on a hill and we can see most of Prague from Hradcanske namesty. By the way the president is still living in the castle. After walking there we went on the very popular Vaclavske Namesti. Breath taking, at one end the amazing Narodni Muzeum and the other a really nice pedestrian street. We then went to eat diner and we played Scrabble in Czech. Me and Klara against Genevieve and Martin, they won :( . We then listen to Pulp fiction, we were getting really tired. Geneviève fall asleep. So I went back home. So I then walked around the residence a little bit and I went to sleep at 9h… I was kind of tired !!!!!


That all for today good night!!!

Emik

Žádné komentáře: